We rely on your financial support, thank you for giving
Give to Ascension Online
This is a practical tool to facilitate the spiritual practice of giving.
- You select the amount of the donation.
- A one-time charge will be made to your credit/debit card.
- You may mark your donation for a specific purpose: pay your pledge, donate for a specific ministry need (music, flowers, discretionary fund for those in need, food pantry, etc.), or respond to special fundraising campaign. Please indicate the intended purpose in the “Special Instructions” field.
- Your donation is tax deductible and will be included on the contribution statement you receive from Ascension. (Do not use this button to pay for program fees or event tickets.)
- You do not need a PayPal account to make a one-time donation.
- You can choose the amount of the monthly donation from the drop-down box. At this time we are unable to provide monthly donations in user specified amounts.
- A monthly (recurring) charge will be made to your credit/debit card.
- Monthly donations will be treated as pledge income.
- Your donation is tax deductible and will be included on the contribution statement you receive from Ascension.
- You do need a PayPal account to make a monthly donation (you might already have this from other online shopping or payments).
- If at any time you want to cancel or change your monthly contribution, you will do so through PayPal’s website.
When you give online, just like any other time you use your credit or debit card, there is cost to the “merchant,” which in this case is Ascension. As a nonprofit, this charge is relatively small but noticeable (currently 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction, eg. $1.10 + $0.30 = $1.40 on a $50 donation). Like retailers, nonprofits, utilities, and virtually everyone else who accepts payments, we believe that the benefits of offering online giving outweigh the costs. However, there are some other convenient ways of giving to Ascension that do not include this percentage cost:
- Use Your Bank’s Online Bill Pay: Many checking accounts these days come with free online bill payment, allowing you to set up Ascension as a payee to which you can schedule a recurring monthly payment of your pledge amount. The details of setting up online bill payment vary from bank to bank; please check your bank’s website. (Behind the scenes, the bank prints and mails the church a check on a set day each month. The upside is that you set it up once and then don’t have to worry about it again.)
- Use the Postal Service: You can always mail your check to Ascension. This is a particularly good option if you regularly put your pledge in the offering plate but find yourself out of town for some time.
Use the Offering Plate: This tried and true method works just as well as it always has. Bring your gift to church and drop it in the offering plate.
At no time will anyone at Ascension ever have access to your billing information (credit card number, billing address, security code, etc.). If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Rita Sands at firstname.lastname@example.org.