Elaine Kadane Food Pantry
We are now in the midst of our Christmas Food Drive. Please help us stock the pantry!
Upcoming Holiday Dates
- December 4: Regular Food Pantry Day (with Christmas Cookies!)
- December 18: Christmas Food Bags
Setup for the Christmas Bag distribution will take place after the 10:15 am service on December 16. Bags will be filled the morning of December 17, beginning at 9:00 am
The Elaine Kadane Food Pantry began in January of 1992 and named in honor of the woman who inspired the congregation to take action and establish the pantry for those families in need.
The Food Pantry at Ascension provides bagged goods to needy families every first and third Tuesday of the month from 9:30-11:30p. Approximately 150 bags are distributed every month and each bag costs approximately $10.00. All monies that support the food pantry are raised from individuals, grants or corporations.
- Help purchase food (once per month)
- Assist with stocking shelves.
- Register recipients.
- Provide coffee and donuts to recipients (2x per year).
- Provide added support for filling bags during the holidays.
- Donate food and or money
Minimal training required to get involved. Contact the leaders in charge for more information.
Leaders In Charge:
Anne Vernon (contact the church: 214-340-4196)
Hope Harbeck (hharbeck @sbcglobal.net)