Harvest of Hope Community Garden
In spring of 2010, Ascension opened the Harvest of Hope Community Garden. Located north of the church facility, the garden houses 42 raised beds for the church and the community. Of the 42 beds, 8 beds are designated specifically as “donation gardens” and produce grown from these gardens are donated to the Ascension’s food pantry and to other local charities. The remaining beds are either managed by Ascension members or “leased” for a nominal fee to others in the community.
Throughout the year, there are various workdays in order to maintain the beds and people from the community pitch in and help weed, water, add woodchips to the grounds and provide general maintenance of the garden. The Harvest of Hope garden is totally financed through generous donations from Ascension members and the community.
- Join members of Ascension and community during scheduled garden workdays.
- Assist acquiring wood chips (i.e. from tree services), which cover the paths between the garden beds.
- Volunteer to assist with Sunday school classes and other young people working in the garden.
- Volunteer to plant or harvest in the garden.
- Join the Ascension Harvest of Hope Garden Committee.
No training necessary to get involved. Contact the leaders in charge for more information.
Leaders In Charge
Jeanne Neill ( email@example.com)